You are what you eat, therefore you have to eat well. The food you eat has a direct effect on your health and well-being.
We age from the inside out, The Skin reflects what’s going on internally because it’s the largest organ on the body.
Most anti-aging foods contain a high level of antioxidants, compounds that fight free radicals.
This article provides you with some anti-aging foods that will give you healthy skin glow and longer life.
12 best anti-aging foods for healthier skin and a longer Life
- Green Tea: Green tea is of full of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E, which plays an essential role in making the skin healthy and glowing. B2 helps maintain collagen levels for youthful skin and firmness. Vitamin E also supports the development of new skin cells that gives you soft and nourished skin.
2. Pomegranates: Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants; it can help reduce the signs of aging like wrinkles. One pomegranate contains 28 mg of vitamin C. They also naturally brighten the skin, fight skin inflammation and treat acne breakouts and dark spots.
- Blueberries: Blueberries contain a lot of antioxidants and it’s labeled as a superfood. The powerful antioxidants in blueberries may help prevent wrinkles, sun spots, and sagging skin. You can add blueberries to your diet to achieve this result.
- Tumeric: It has a lot of healing properties and cosmetic benefits. Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components that may provide a natural glow to the skin, reduce scars and wrinkles.
5. Avocados: The high content of vitamin A in avocados can help shed dead skin cells, leaving the skin smooth and glowing. Avocados contain carotenoid that may help block toxins and damage from the sun’s rays and also help prevent skin cancers.
- Spinach: Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K, magnesium, plant-based heme iron and lutein. All these vitamins help to oxygenate and replenish the entire body.
- Egg yolk: Egg yolks are rich in vitamin D, vitamin A, and antioxidants which help nourish the skin. You can use egg yolk as face masks for a healthy skin glow.
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains omega-3 fatty acids and polyphenols that has many nutritional benefits when consumed. Olive oil can be used to treat bacterial infections of the skin. It may also improve healing in people with foot ulcers caused by type 2 diabetes.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-viral effects that help nourish your skin, protect it from yeast and bacterial overgrowth. Applying coconut oil to your skin helps reduce inflammation, acne and keeps skin hydrated.
- Raw Cacao: Raw cacao contains resveratrol, a very powerful antioxidant that may help brighten skin and prevent fine lines.
11. Yogurt: Yogurt has a healthy gut bacteria that helps relieve irritable bowel disease and aids in digestion. It is also good for the skin. Yogurt help reduces wrinkles and fine lines, fight acne, fades blemishes and skin pigmentation. You can eat or apply yogurt on the affected skin to get your result.
12. Greens: Green leafy vegetables are like spinach, broccoli, kale, lettuce contain phytonutrients that work as antioxidants. You can add them to your diet. Spinach and kale are also high in Vitamin C which helps give you healthy and glowing skin.
I personally think our skin is an essential part of our body and should be taken seriously. Your skin is your passport. When you walk into a room the first thing someone notices is your skin. I will urge you to substitute some of these anti-aging foods into your diet for healthier skin and long life.
Feel free to leave your comment below if you enjoyed this article on anti-aging foods for healthier skin and long life.