Ginger is an ancient spice made from the rhizome of a plant. Ginger is widely used for cooking. It is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger can also be chopped or powdered for tea. Ginger tea has a lot of health benefits for your body and brain.
Here are 12 incredible health benefits of ginger tea
- Aids in digestion: Ginger tea helps improve digestion by increasing absorption of food, ginger tea also reduce bloating after eating too much.
2. Boost your Immunity: Ginger is a natural booster and can help strengthen your immunity due to the high levels of antioxidants.
3. Improve blood circulation: Ginger tea help restore and improve blood circulation because it contains vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that may help decrease the chance of cardiovascular problems. It may help prevent fat from depositing in the arteries which can lead to heart attacks and stroke.
4. Relieve nausea: Ginger tea helps relieve nausea especially morning sickness and vomiting after surgery, pregnant women and in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
5. Relieve menstrual discomfort: Ginger helps reduce the levels of prostaglandins in the body, which helps relieve menstrual cramps. Research reveals that high levels of prostaglandins contribute to increased menstrual cramps.
6. Helps in weight loss: Ginger tea boost your metabolism which aid in accelerating weight loss and help reduce obesity
7. Fight respiratory problems: Ginger tea may help relieve congestion associated with the common cold or flu. You can try a cup of ginger tea the next time you feel your chest is congested or reacting to environmental allergies.
8. Relieve stress: Ginger tea has a calming effect due to the aroma and its healing properties that may help relieve stress and tension.
9. Ginger may reduce muscle pain: Consuming ginger tea may help reduce muscle pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger tea may not have an immediate impact but day to day consumption can help relieve your pain.
10. Lower cholesterol levels: Drinking ginger tea may help reduce high levels of LDL lipoproteins (the “bad” cholesterol) linked to an increased risk of heart disease.
11. Treat cold and flu: Ginger tea can fight infections like cold and flu.
12. Stomach ulcers: Regular consumption of ginger tea may help improve gut health, according to a research published by Molecular Nutrition & Food Research journal. It prevents the occurrence of ulcers, which are generally characterized by bleeding and acute gastric irritability.
Ginger is one of the best spices I have ever known. I call it a super spice. It is available everywhere and affordable too. You can buy fresh or powdered ginger at the market, grocery store or purchase the supplements online.