Carrot is a root vegetable. It is crunchy, sweet and highly nutritious. It contains a good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants which help improve our health. Below are some health benefits of carrot;
Health Benefits of Carrots
1. Anti-aging: Carrot is rich in beta-carotenes. A powerful antioxidant, which slows down aging and improves the condition of the skin. In addition, it promotes healing.
2. Protect against diseases: Rich in antioxidants, carrots reduce bad cholesterol, protect the lungs and heart against cardiovascular diseases and some cancers. Rich in vitamins, it also contributes to the production of red blood cells that supply oxygen to all the cells of the body.
3. Aids in Weight Loss: Carrot is an undeniable slimming ally. Cooked or raw, it only takes 33 kilocalories per 100g. You can even afford to accompany your carrots with a knob of butter
4. Improves Vision: Carrot is good for the eyes and especially for those suffering from night blindness. It also contains carotenoids which help reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration. Also rich in rhodopsin, it allows us to see in low light conditions.
5. Good for the liver: By giving the body a dose of natural sugar, the carrot regenerates the liver. Eating raw carrots brings enzymes that will take care of your digestive system. Vitamins A, B, C and E, as well as minerals they abound are a health asset because they help your liver to function well.
6. Good for bones: Thanks to its impressive vitamin A content combined with its high phosphorus content, the carrot strengthens bones and teeth.
7. Protect the skin: Carrot contains vitamin A and antioxidant that helps protects the skin from sun damage. Vitamin A prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, uneven skin tone.
8. Enhance hair growth: The vitamins in carrot also help in hair growth which gives you beautiful, more elastic hair and prevents hair loss and the appearance of white hair.
9. Protects against Alzheimer’s disease Carotenoid and luteolin: The pigments found in this vegetable, can reduce memory deficits and strengthen the brain. In the long term, this helps to reduce the risk of contracting Alzheimer’s disease.
10. Ideal for the stomach: Carrot juice is good for healing the stomach. If you are prone to stomach ulcers, think about it! It’s time to eat carrots.
11. Boost immune system: Carrot is loaded with vitamins that help regulates the functioning of your system and prevent infections. Carrots also contain vitamin C. This nutrient further contributes to strengthening the immune system
12. Aid Diabetes Treatment: According to research, high levels of vitamin A may lower the risk of type 2 diabetes. Carrots, being abundant in this nutrient, make for an ideal addition to a diabetic meal.
13. Prevent Stroke: Research from Harvard University reveals, people who ate more than six carrots a week are less likely to suffer a stroke than those who ate only one carrot a month or more.
14. Helps reduce oily skin: If you have oily skin, you may have noticed that your skincare products contain vitamin A in the form of retinoids and tretinoin. As we already know, carrots are loaded with Vitamin A, so eating carrots will help reduce oily skin from the inside out.
The bottom line
Substitute Carrot in your diet to get all these amazing health benefits. Carrot can be your perfect snack its crunchy, full of nutrients, low in calories, and sweet.
They’re associated with heart and eye health, skin, liver, and even weight loss.
Carrot comes in several colors, sizes, and shapes, all of which are great additions to a healthy diet.