Happiness is a sense of wellbeing, joy and contentment.
Nobody can make you happy except yourself. You need to work it out, retrain your brain from a negative mindset to a positive mindset.
The simple steps below will instantly make you happy. Don’t skip the steps, read to end you will be amazed.
15 simple ways to live happily
- Self-love: One of the best ways to live happily is to love yourself and care for your wellbeing. You can boost your happiness by accepting yourself, weakness and strength. That means you do not rely on approval from others.
2. Stop comparing yourself to others: Stop comparing yourself to others, learn to appreciate what you have. A little comparison is not bad though, but do it wisely and stop obsessing over what someone else achievement. Stop comparing yourself to people on social media. Science shows that the more time you spend on social media, the lower your self-esteem, body image, and less happy you become.
- Express gratitude: Learn to appreciate the things and people in your life and also find ways to cultivate the act of gratitude on a daily basis. A study shows that keeping a daily gratitude journal caused a 15% increase in participant’s optimism.
4. Help others: Support others with your time and money. Be generous, give back to society love and care for people. When you help someone genuinely, you feel good and happy within and it also lowers your stress and blood pressure.
- Follow your passion: Focus on your passion, build a career in an area that motivates you. This act gives you a high level of satisfaction and happiness. Don’t spend your time and energy doing something you hate in return for money. It will only leave you feeling miserable and depressed.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise improves your health and makes you feel good. Exercise can help lower stress and enhance self-esteem.
- Surround yourself with positive minded people: Spend time with people who will motivate you to do better and share in your happiness. Let go of toxic relationships. Happiness is contagious therefore spend time with people that make you feel good.
- Explore, take new adventures: Explore more options. You may never know something if you’ve never tried. Learn to try new things that lead to growth. If you want to be creative, exceptional and happy then explore.
- Practice mindfulness: Practicing mindfulness means being present, and aware of your situation. Accepting our problem, weakness and dealing with decreases stress and helps us see situations for what they are. Through mindfulness, we can find peace and live happily.
- Meditate at least 5 minutes a day: Meditation can make you feel happy and relieved. It has been proven scientifically that meditation help decreases stress, depression, anxiety, blood pressure, pain, and illness, and increases calm, the ability to concentrate, self- awareness, and happiness.
- Eat healthily: A healthy diet is good for your body and health. The food we eat also plays a major role in our emotional wellbeing.
- Listen to music: Listening to soothing music, especially the slow-paced instrumental music help you to relax, calm, lower blood pressure and heart rate which leads to happiness.
- Live in the moment: Forget about the past and live in the moment, and you’ll begin to appreciate life better. Sometimes we miss reality by focusing on something we have already lost in the past. Let go of the past focus on the present, live in the moment and stay happy.
- Socialize: Go out and socialize with people. Hang out with friends; surround yourself with people who will help uplift your spirit. One of the best ways to live happily is to surround yourself with others who are also happy.
Try to cultivate these simple habits to living a happy life and thank me later.