Normally, we associate any delicious popcorn to a relaxing session at the cinema.
Without justice, these popcorn seeds have always been classified as unhealthy and too caloric.
Popcorn is a type of corn kernel when heated, it expands to become light and fluffy.
In contrast, popcorn is low in calories, high in fiber and protein, popcorn is a snack can be more versatile and economical.
Health Benefits of Popcorn
- Popcorn is actually quite rich in minerals, vitamins B and E, manganese, magnesium, and fiber. This high fiber content helps keep your body “in good shape”, getting rid of the problems of constipation and keeping your digestive system healthy.
2. Lowers cholesterol: The consumption of popcorn helps remove excess cholesterol from the walls of blood vessels and arteries. This decreases the chances of suffering from cardiovascular diseases, heart attacks and vascular accidents.
3. Regulate blood pressure: Popcorn is high in fiber and it help regulates the release and management of blood sugar and insulin levels better than people with low levels of fiber. Therefore popcorn is recommended to patients suffering from diabetes.
4. Popcorn is gluten-free which makes it healthier.
5. Popcorn contains large amount of antioxidant called polyphenols. These antioxidants get rid of free radicals in our body which can lead to severe diseases including cancer.
Popcorn is a healthy snack but it can also be unhealthy depending on how you prepare it. Avoid adding too much salt, sugar or butter when preparing your popcorn to get all the above-mentioned health benefits.