Cucumber is a fruit but mostly used as a vegetable. Cucumbers are high in water and low in calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
In this article, I will share with you some of the top health benefits of eating cucumber.
1. Prevent Cancer: Cucumbers have high levels of nutrients known as cucurbitacins, which may help decrease the growth of cancer cells. Cucumbers contain cucurbitacins A, B, C, D, and E.
2. Strong bones: Cucumber contains vitamin K and sufficient intake of vitamin K helps keep our bones strong, healthy and less likely to fracture.
3. Weight loss: Composed of more than 95% water, cucumber is a refreshing fruit with a very low caloric value. It also has a high satiety index and is a real asset for people watching their diet. According to Japanese researchers, eating cucumber help reduce abdominal fats.
4. Cardiovascular Health: Cucumber is a natural source of magnesium, fiber, and potassium, three components that help reduce blood pressure.
Consumed with its skin, it also brings peroxidase to the body, a protein that reduces cholesterol and triglycerides. This helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
5. Good for the skin: Cucumber is present in many cosmetics. It helps fight against itching and redness of the skin. Its softening properties, combined with its anti-inflammatory properties help to decongest the skin and reduce dark circles and puffiness.
In addition, its silicon and sulfur content stimulates hair growth.
6. Natural diuretics: The water contained mainly in this fruit contains important minerals and trace elements. Thus, its high potassium content associated with its low sodium content makes it an ideal ally to eliminate toxins and excess water in the body. Consumed regularly, it is an excellent drainer and promotes the dissolution of kidney stones.
7. Soothing and anti-stress: Cucumber is a natural tranquilizer that fights against stress and anxiety. The pyridoxine present in this fruit is known for its soothing virtues and is used in some medicines for the children subject to the anxieties.
8. Fresh breath: Cucumber help relieve bad breath. The photochemical compounds contained in this vegetable help eliminate the oral bacteria responsible for bad breath.
Cucumber contains important vitamins and minerals, as well as high water content.
Eating cucumbers may lead to many health benefits, including healthy skin, strong bones, prevent cancer, weight loss, and lower cardiovascular diseases.