Do you know there are home remedies for cold or flu? Well if you didn’t know I’m here to share with you my top 8 picks and it works like magic.
First of all, home remedy is when you prepare medicine using ingredients available at home.
Home remedies help cure minor ailment or diseases. It can be done without the prescription of a professional.
Here are some home remedies for cold that can help alleviate your symptoms and get you back on your feet. If you try this home remedies and the symptoms persist after weeks, visit your doctor.
Home remedies for cold
1. Ginger: Ginger has a lot of health benefits. It is one of the healthiest spices on earth. Adding a few slices of raw ginger in boiling water may help soothe a cough or sore throat. Research suggests that it can also reduce feelings of nausea and vomit.
2. Honey: Honey has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Drinking a cup of hot tea with honey and lemon can ease sore throat pain. Research suggests that honey is an effective cough suppressant.
3. Garlic: Eating garlic can provide a wide variety of health benefits. Garlic contains a compound called alliin, which helps fight diseases in the body when they encounter viruses, such as the viruses that cause the common cold or flu.
4. Lemons or vitamin C: Vitamin C plays an essential role in your body and has a lot of health benefits. Fruits such as oranges, lemons, grapefruits, are a good source of vitamin C. Adding fresh lemon juice to hot tea with honey reduces cold and flu. Drinking hot or cold lemonade may also help.
5. Yogurt: Add probiotic yogurt to your diet. Probiotics contain good bacteria that help keep your gut and immune system healthy. It also reduces cold and flu.
6. Salt water: Gargling with salt water reduces sore throat and loosens mucus, which contains bacteria. Try this remedy at home, dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt in a full glass of water. Gargle with the salt water it helps reduce cold and flu.
7. Take a warm bath: A warm bath can help ease cold or flu.
8. Milk and Tumeric: Turmeric is one of the spices that have a strong antioxidant which helps in treating many health problems. Drinking a glass of turmeric mixed in warm milk is an effective way to fight against cold and cough.
You can try the above-mentioned home remedies at home if symptoms persist I advise you see your doctor.