Baobab is a tree commonly found in Africa, Arabia, Australia and Madagascar.
The tree bears a fruit which has some of the highest concentrations of antioxidants out of any food in the world, according to Huffington Post.
Scientifically, it’s named Adansonia. Baobab trees can grow up to 98 feet (30 meters) tall and produce a fruit with a delicious citrus-like flavour. The fruit from baobab the baobab tree is known to be of high value to humans.
Some of the incredible benefits of baobab fruit are:
- Boost immune system: Baobab fruit is highly nutritious. It contains protein, vitamin C, antioxidants, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium and B vitamins. This helps boost your immune system and keep your body working perfectly.
- Helps in weight loss: Some researches suggest that adding baobab to your diet may be beneficial especially if you want to lose weight. Baobab fruit is high in fiber and can help curb hunger and cravings which may promote weight loss.
3. Aids in digestion: Baobab has high fiber content which helps in digestion and can prevent conditions like constipation, intestinal ulcers, inflammatory bowel disease and hemorrhoids.
4. Gives you a flawless skin: Powdered baobab contains nutrients high in vitamin C, vitamin B6, niacin, iron, and potassium. Its sour, fruity flavour, is perfect for healthy juices, smoothies, and shakes which boosts and flushes out toxins leaving the skin flawless and glowing.
5. Additionally, baobab increases iron in the body.
Baobab fruit can and should be substituted into your diet for the above impressive health benefits.